Oh My Wind!

 It's so windy! False Pass was NOT this windy. I repeat False Pass was NOT this windy. I have NEVER experienced constant wind like this. Gusts between 45 and 60 mph for four days. It's crazy! I mean it makes sense since we're sitting in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and aren't protected by a large island like False Pass was. This island is small, we can see water in every direction. We're like sitting ducks. It won't last forever, and we're keeping busy, so all is well. I am very thankful for God blessing me with at least one day a week of perfect weather, so I can go outside and enjoy His creations. We got stuck in Anchorage for an extra day because of weather, so here's more pictures of Anchorage adventures with the volleyball team, and then a few pictures from out two days outside the past two weeks.


Left to right Coach Dantezza, Mia, and Morgan
When you're stuck in Anchorage and bored you go to Target.


Remember Summer? She's still sleeping.


Day two of trying to return to the island. Ana and Henry are ready!


We're on the plane home, and Dantezza found a friend to sit next to her.


It's 5:45 p.m. and not dark yet. Not all of Alaska lives in darkness during the winter.


Spencer's class is ready for the Christmas Program
(he's back row, left)


This is the line to see . . . . .


Santa!

  
He made more than one


child cry


but most of the kids loved him.


This family loved him the most!
(my Kuspuk was a huge hit!)




Saturday was chilly, but beautiful! The best part was no wind.
I hiked down to Red Cove, but the lake was partially frozen, so I didn't get over to the ocean.


No need to spray the windows with snow frost when mother nature handles it for me.


It's pretty awesome!


He made himself an omelet this morning. Usually his dad and I make them for him.
I guessed he's watched us enough he felt confident. It was perfect!



We went down to Red Cove again. We found a much easier trail that doesn't go through the nasty bog.



I apologize for this one. He's 11, and pretending he pooped out that pile was entertaining to him.



It's not green, but it's still beautiful!



Not a very attractive part of town, but these immatures are huge!
The wingspan of the one just taking flight over the shed is impressive.


Then we headed over to the other side of the island


Selfie Sunday!


Sorry, this is gross, but really random that someone dumped their bison remains on the trail.



It was chilly out, but a bright, beautiful, sunshiny day.


Spencer has a little camera his teacher at school gave him. It takes pretty good pictures.
We saw some beautiful birds Sunday afternoon


This immature was perched on the side of the cliff.


The snow looked like Dots (the ice cream)
(this picture is also courtesy of Spencer



Spencer said I had to put this one on the blog. He likes taking selfies.

No major news from the Utah children. They haven't sent any pictures recently.
Wyatt and Lexi just finished their first semester of college for the year, 
and Bradyn has three more days of high school for the year.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrises, Rainbows, Ferry Food, Bears, and Big Ships

Bush Plane Wild Ride

Cherish Sunsets, Wild Creatures, and Wild Places