Lexi has teeth!
Lexi has teeth as of Tuesday, September 5, 2023. Just five days before the one year anniversary of her accident. She's still minus one, and it will hopefully be implanted early January 2024, but she has most of her beautiful smile back! Blessings: sometimes they take time, and we have to be patient, but they come. This sweet girl deserves it!
And now for the Alaska part of the blog! Spencer, Brady, and I enjoyed a beautiful day outside on Friday and then I flew to Anchorage. Yes, Brady arrived for a visit and approximately 24 hours later I left for Anchorage to attend three separate conferences that will fill up an entire week. Spencer will enjoy boy time with his dad, and then I'll be back to enjoy some time with him.
Friday morning I looked out my office window and saw a beautiful full rainbow.
Just a dead little crab on the beach
Just a beautiful walk with Spencer and Brady
Miss Johnson's cute little class made Moss Berry Cookies with the berries they picked on their field trip.
They delivered them to staff in the building. The little cookie envelopes said thank you on them.
So cute, and they were so yummy!
Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise
Kelly and I met in Seward on Sunday to enjoy the Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise. Other than whales, the wildlife we saw I see all the time, but it was still an amazing six hours! We got the see the only part of the Kenai Fjords Park that you can see from the water. Exit Glacier can be accessed from the Old Seward Highway and is a beautiful hike, but you can't the see whole park that way. Now I can check off seeing all of the park. We also saw Aialik Glacier up close and it calved multiple times while we were there. It's very loud when it calves. I am just constantly amazed at the beauty of the world. I think I could've stayed on the boat forever. The Captain kept apologizing for the few times we were in the Motion of the Ocean, but it didn't bother me. I stood at the bow and enjoyed the cold ocean air. I really, really, really want a boat.
So picture dump of the Fjord cruise.
Ready for our adventure!
Cruise ship in the harbor
This is Caines Head where WWII Barracks are housed.
They are hidden, and you can't see them.
This is where we enter the Kenai Fjords National Park
You might recognize these rocks from National Geographic
The color of the water was this beautiful emerald the entire time.
There were probably at least 15 whales that we saw in different areas.
I took a lot of video that capture them better, but they're long.
When I have time to go through and screenshot the tail slaps and the one that emerged
straight up out of the water, I will add them.
There were tons of Harbor Seals sitting on ice that had calved around the glacier.
Calving
The white is similar to grey hair in humans. It shows age.
There was a raft of otters, and they were just as cute as they always are.
I hadn't ever seen a raft of them before. The most I have seen in a group on the island is probably six.
So, it was cool to see such a large group, which is called a raft.
They pulled a couple pieces of glacier ice out of the ocean
and brought one around for us to examine
and used the other to make drinks.
It was a yummy drink, and isn't that ice AWESOME!?
No Name Island, this was a popular spot for Sea Lions
These two Sea Lions were very vocally fighting for the top spot on the rock.
The big old moose in my yard at the end of the day.



















Comments
Post a Comment