Boat Ride!

 I am excited to report that we were invited for a Sunday afternoon boat ride, and it was incredible! It was a wonderful end to a very busy, very undesirable week of weather. 

Sunday we awoke to a quiet, calm, peaceful morning full of sunshine. We attended church and then hurried outside to enjoy the sunshine. We walked down to the beach at the runway and walked the shoreline toward the dock in town. It was a gorgeous morning, and I took some beautiful photos. Our walked ended after we ran into Shane trying to get his skiff in the water. He invited us to go out on the boat with them in a couple hours. I was excited, but nervous because I like my feet on the shore. I do not walk in the ocean past my calves. I almost drowned in the ocean when I was ten, and I may have a few issues with water because of it. However, I really wanted to go out on the boat, and I was so glad I did. We saw a seal pup, otters, and a whale. The peace and calm out there along with the ocean wind blowing through my soul was spiritual. Brady would really like to go on a cruise;  maybe I would actually enjoy it. Warning! Huge photo dump below. I took way too many pictures out on the water, and I could not decide which ones to include, so they all were featured. 

St. Patrick's Day Fun!


We made Irish Potato Candy for St. Patrick's Day at School.


Everyone bailed when it was time to roll it into balls except Ruger.


He rolled his into the 3-D shapes he's been learning in math this week.


They were really sweet, but pretty good.
(Ellie, Hazel, Annabelle, Hanna, Ruger, Spencer)


Not just one Eagle perched on the hill outside my window. . . . 


But Two! There were actually four, but two flew off.
I braved the wind to get a picture. 
The Bald is middle left, the immature is top right cornerish


This is how the sky looked all week, and the wind howled. I do love this river when it's super snowy.


Sunday is God's Day and He calmed the storm


I love the reflection in the water




Snow up to the shoreline, and the bright awesome looking sun
Those Rays!


There were a couple Eagle's flying


Spencer thought the line in the snow drift looked cool



Brady found his heart on the beach


I like the way dead wood looks


Sunday Selfie


Spencer rolled in so much snow




There were a couple Pacific Loon's out today. They were really pretty.





Another Sunday Selfie



There was a lot of ice in different spots of the river



The Peter Pan dock doesn't look as gnarly when the sun is shining


It looks really cool underneath with all the icicles


There's an Eagle on the post


There is a lot of metal waste. I have no clue why



Dead wood covered in ice is really cool




This is where they tied boats before the harbor was built




Calum is trying to get the skiff in the water



Mission accomplished, and now they will take it to the harbor 
and tie it to the back of Aleut Son for the outing later today


We have had some snow accumulate over the week


Leaving the Harbor


Ready for boat loads of fun =)



Open water



Lacey is on the left. Shane is the Captain up top, his son Calum, and Brady





These native Alaskan women are tough. I wish I felt like I could survive if the world goes to pot.
She tied her toddler to her back, got rods ready, and fished.
Fishing in the ocean is definitely different than lake fishing.




The boat stops, everyone chooses a spot and lets the line drop to the bottom.
Then you pull up and down hoping to catch something.


Carleen caught a Rock Fish. She threw it back. We were hoping for halibut.


The view from the wheelhouse


Shane Hoblet, the captain and my hubby


The sun was so gorgeous shining on the water


The pass is much wider than is looks from the shore. That is the Bering Strait side.










That is the boat from the window. Only the little, little kids got to go, so he had to stay home,
but he did wave from the window. 






I absolutely loved seeing Round Top from the other side of the Isanotski Strait

Utah Children 
(Really just Bradyn, the other kids didn't have anything noteable to share)

Bradyn had spring break last week and got to go to South Carolina to meet his new cousin.




Bradyn and Hiatt men helped Stockton build his shed


While my sister got to enjoy her new granddaughter, Jesse


Family photo, plus Bradyn


Emery likes Bradyn


They went to USS Yorktown and Vietnam Experience Tour.
Bradyn loves war history, so he was in heaven.


He really loves fighter planes.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrises, Rainbows, Ferry Food, Bears, and Big Ships

Bush Plane Wild Ride

Cherish Sunsets, Wild Creatures, and Wild Places