It's Just So BEAUTIFUL!
There is so much beauty here, and it never ceases to amaze me. I live on a very tiny part of the earth, and every day I am amazed at how God's love for us is on display at this beautiful island. The pictures below are mostly scenery. We were able to capture an immature Eagle up close. We saw a bear cub dart across the road at 12:00 a.m. Why were we up so late? We were playing games with friends. Mexican Train takes a long time! We saw Seacil and Bruce many times throughout the week too. Just another great week in a pretty amazing part of the world. Spencer and I watched Nim's Island Sunday. It's kind of a story about us at the moment. It was fun to watch at this point in our lives as we really relate.
It was a great week for running!
He might be driving!?!?!?
This was a very small boat compared to what we usually see, so I had to take a picture.
We laughed a little because it just looked so tiny in such an ominous setting.
This was our view as we walked out the door. I love the little hope of light shining through.
Mail Call!
That's the text we receive when the mail plane has actually delivered.
From previous post laments, you know it isn't consistent.
So, they have started texting mail call when you have packages.
The Post Office is literally across the street,
but we had so many packages I had to drive the car over to retrieve them.
We received all the bedding I ordered for our new home along with a food order from Fred Meyer,
my vacuum, a rug, and other things we needed for the house. It was an exciting day.
I also received my permanent Alaska's Driver's License. I am an official resident.
Just a brilliant spot of blue peaking through the clouds.
The Eagle has landed!
This immature Eagle was perched on the bridge. We see this occasionally,
but they usually fly away before we get too close. This one let us get really close.
We were able to watch him for a few minutes before he flew off, which is featured in the videos below.
Isn't that sky an amazing backdrop!!!!
Anchors Away!
Where did that come from? Did it wash up? We literally don't know.
It seems that would take quite some effort,
but it seems it would take a lot of effort to dump it there too.
Update on the anchor - I mentioned it at the Labor Da BBQ, as were were grilling dinner down there.
Tom (the dad/grandpa of everyone) put it there. Apparently there's a fishing line on it. He's fishing!
The Sky!
I just love the diversity of this picture. The water looks like reflective glass,
and the clouds are full of hope and promise. It was such a peaceful night.
Saturday, September 3
The rainbow picture was taken at 4:16 p.m. from my yard
This picture was taken from the beach area by the dock seen in rainbow picture at 9:09 p.m.
This picture was taken at 9:17 p.m. from the beach by the runway.
It's so amazing how 8 minutes later, down the island, the view is totally different.
Living in the cradle of storms on the Aleutian Chain is mystical.
One side of the island can be covered in fog and a light rain falling,
while the other side of the island has a little sun shining through the clouds.
You can sit at the beach and watch the storm move in circles around the island,
or down through the pass. I never knew I would love what some people refer to as dreary weather.
It's soul food for me. Apparently, I am not a bright sun shiny day, clear blue skies kind of girl.
Sunday, September 4
Round Top is shining bright today. It was a tad chilly, but a beautiful day to drive.
We sure love the side-by-side.
What do you see in the clouds? A heart, Mickey Mouse????
This was at 12:16. By 12:40 Round Top was enshrouded in clouds.
That is not red on the mountain. Don't let the windsock deceive you.
The side-by-side is truly a machine for an outdoor sporting enthusiast,
which I am becoming better at. There are holes all along the back for the fishing poles.
They are awesome enough that we can pull up close, cast, and then put the pole in the hole and wait.
Spencer is demonstrating this in the picture below.
Everyone else fishes off the dock, so Spencer gave it a go.
It's Salmon Derby week, and Spencer wants to try and win a prize.
It wasn't a great evening for fishing, as the current was fast moving.
However, he practiced his casting. I was impressed with his resourcefulness in preparing to go.
I have only been lake fishing with my grandpa. I baited the hook, cast the hook, reeled in the fish, and cleaned the fish. However, I have never put a spinner and hook on a line.
Nor did I know how to use the fancy casting poles that don't have an easy to use thumb button.
Of course, those are the kind of poles we have at the house.
Spencer downloaded an app, tied the spinner and hook on, added a weight, and we were ready.
For his sake, I hope we catch at least one Salmon this week.
7:16 p.m. The actual False Pass
At 7:32 p.m. Round Top was partly visible again. This is west of the pass pictured above.
Comments
Post a Comment