Storm Chasing

 Fall is beginning to set in and while the colors don't change here, the temperature and weather do. The temperature has dipped about 8-10 degrees and the weather has become more bi-polar than usual. We had our first snow on Thursday morning. It is very icy snow, not soft and fluffy and it disappeared when the sun shone for 20 minutes later in the day. 



Our first dusting of snow


Every time I pick up the binoculars to look I forget to take the lens cover off.
Then I'm all like, "what the heck, why can't I see anything."
Spencer thinks it's hilarious and had to "stage it" so he could get a picture.


We enjoyed watching storms sweep across the Bering Strait all within minutes. There was an icy chill to the air, and I felt like I was part of a scene from a book or movie. It was very cool. We saw our first otter and it is not nearly as shy as the seal. He let us watch him swim, and hopefully you can see it well enough from the video on my phone. No, the camera still has not arrived. We only received mail once last week because of the wind.


Do you see the blob that isn't a wave?
That's the Sea Otter!




You can see him before he disappears in the video.




Spencer took this unbeknownst to me. The jacket I am wearing is Brady's.
It's obviously a little big, but it's my favorite.


It was so cool to watch the storm dance across the ocean.



You can see where the rain ends.


I just love how it swiftly moves across the water. It comes in as quickly as it goes.

We also saw a huge bear at the dump. We are surprised we haven't seen one there before now because according to the locals, it's a typical place for them to hang out. I wasn't quick enough to get much of him on video, but if you look close and quick you can see a big black thing move on the left side of the video.


The big bear moving very quickly because he detected us.


Spencer was a trooper Saturday morning. It was really windy which lent a chill to the air.
He couldn't keep up with me, so that tells you that it was pretty windy, because I don't run fast.
He didn't complain once =)

This is my panorama photo from the pier


10:20 in the morning and the sun is just rising above the mountain.



I just love the beauty and hope that a new day brings!
I saw the otter again when I ran over to the other pier, 
but it was too far out to see very good on video.




By the time I got to the runway the sun was bright! It was a gorgeous cold morning.


My hubby always comes to make sure I haven't gotten attacked by wildlife.
Not sure what he would do if I had. By the time he finds me it would be too late.
The sentiment of the act is endearing though.


See the white in the tree? That's one of our resident Eagle's.
I finally got a good picture. There are generations of Eagle's nesting in this tree.


Video of the Eagle

No pictures from home this week, but we did take a family photo!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrises, Rainbows, Ferry Food, Bears, and Big Ships

Bush Plane Wild Ride

Cherish Sunsets, Wild Creatures, and Wild Places