Our First Whale Sighting!!!
Today was the best day EVER!!! First - because it was a busy day, and I didn't think the weather would end up being nice to go outside, but it was BEAUTIFUL!!!! Second- because we saw our first WHALE!!!!
Sadly, you don't get to see anything because my video doesn't capture it surfacing quick enough and then it was too far away. So you have to trust me that the ripples in the water are from a whale. As it got farther away and we could just see the fin, but we could totally hear and see it's water spout every time it surfaced. We weren't expecting to see them until spring, so it was so awesome. My seal, Seacil is a complete turd. We dance unsuccessfully almost every day. He peaks up at me, I grab my phone and then he evades me. I swear he knows exactly what he's doing and it's just a big game to him. One day, I will get a nice shot of his adorable face. At the moment, every picture I take just looks like a blob on the water.
It was such a nice evening with no gnats or major wind that we decided to keep going. We headed out to the runway beach after we visited the dock. We had some of the island dogs follow us, and though I don't like dogs, they were quite hilarious. Brady was packing heat, but it wouldn't have mattered with how noisy these mutts were. One loved fetching the stick, but only from the water. He would just look at us if we threw it on land. The other was having a fight with flat shaped rocks! He was seriously missing some brains. Needless to say, it was a wonderful evening of some much needed fresh air. The outdoors truly can refresh and heal the soul.
Comments
Post a Comment