Our First Bear Sighting!

 I have not been overly anxious to encounter a bear. My constant concern is, what if there's a bear? The villagers say they are everywhere, including town! I knew crossing paths with one was inevitable, but I was very uneasy about it. I haven't even dared to go running. Today, the VPSO (Village Public Safety Officer) came into the school to introduce himself. I voiced my bear concerns and he put them all at ease. He said I needed to be bear aware, and typically the bears were just passing through town. He doesn't like to shoot them if he doesn't have to, and he's an avid moose hunter.  He even said I could go running, and that I just needed to be aware of my surroundings and if I sang or made some kind of noise they would keep their distance. So with a renewed confidence of my bear surroundings we went out, and we were rewarded with a bear sighting. He was in the river catching salmon and probably only 25-30 yards away. My video is for your enjoyment. My voice cracks me up as it reveals all my emotions. If you can zoom in on the one where he is walking away you will see how big the salmon was that he caught. We also saw a very beautiful blonde bear two different times, but it just stood up really quick and then sat back down in the grass. I couldn't get a picture of it, but it was honey blonde and so pretty. Sorry (not sorry) for the scenery overload, but it's so amazingly beautiful and the clouds always look different. The bear video is at the very bottom. It was supposed to be first not sure what happened.

I love how God works in mysterious ways. It has been a hard week. School has begun, and while the students are amazing trying to teach ages 5-14 is like climbing Mount Everest and not knowing where all the equipment is or what you really even need. I left all my worries at the school tonight. Brady made the most awesome box dinner I have ever eaten, and we went on a bear hunt. Thank you Heavenly Father for showing me you love me and that you care. 



My favorite mountain. I learned to day that it's called Round Top.



There were five boats leaving the harbor tonight.





The cut between the two mountains is where the boats head out to the ocean.


I have never loved Au Gratin instant potatoes so much!


Leaving the stream with the Salmon


Huge bear, huge salmon


It's like watching the Brother Bear movie!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrises, Rainbows, Ferry Food, Bears, and Big Ships

Bush Plane Wild Ride

Cherish Sunsets, Wild Creatures, and Wild Places